Sunday, December 26, 2010

Re: Even a Korean student can see: Filipinos prayerful but do not love the Philippines

"A circa-2006 Essay by a Korean student studying in the Philippines that attempts to explain the poverty of Filipinos. No, it's NOT corruption to blame but, rather, the dearth of patriotism. He sees what some Filipinos have--the Philippines today, which suffers from "unbelievable" social conditions, have very prayerful citizens who ...do NOT love their motherland.

"Hmm. The Catholic Church must have taught the Filipinos wrong. Paging Jaime Cardinal Sin in hell, err, heaven, err, wherever."
blog-by-taga-ilog-news.blogspot.com
MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES Jae Youn Kim Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines. Let me first ta...

1 comment:

  1. ‎"The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my neighborhood. Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines be...cause of so many poor people. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday.

    "However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines."

    ReplyDelete